The first press conference will take place today Monday 13th October at 17.00 in the Roseraie room (lower ground floor and where all press conferences will take place).
An overview of the key themes for this year’s Forum. (Please keep your questions relevant to the Forum’s 5 key themes).
– Carlos Lopes, Executive Secretary of UNECA
– José Maria Neves, Prime Minister of Cape Verde
– Hon Mohamed Boussaid, Minister of Economy and Finance, Morocco
There will also be a press release tomorrow, Tuesday 14th October at 12.00pm.
i) State of private equity in Africa and its potential as an alternative source of investment, economic growth and job creation
ii) Domestic resource mobilization: challenges and opportunities
– Ahmed Lahlimi Alami, High Commissioner for Planning, Morocco
– Stephen Karingi, Director, Regional Integration and Trade Division, ECA
– Symerre Grey Johnson, Head of Partnership and Resource Mobilization Division, NEPAD, Midrand, South Africa.
– H.E. Kaba Nialé, Minister to the Prime Minister in charge of Economy and Finance, Abidjan, Côte-d’Ivoire
– Prof. Machiko Nissanke, Professor of Economics, SOAS Director, Research and Recommendations Programme, London, England.
– Ijeoma Agboti, Group Chief Executive, Abraaj Group, Nairobi, Kenya